Buying a car can be exciting, daunting and terrifying all at once, but going through an ABSA car auction in Gauteng is a good way for you to find your dream vehicle.
Using public transport
Everybody in today’s fast paced world needs their own transport. If you can afford a vehicle of your own you are in the best position. Using public transport has the following downsides:
- You will have to work your schedule around the times that the bus, taxi or train you are using operates. This is not always easy and with a job, children and things to do. Using public transport could make you late for work, late to get home, unable to fetch your child if he or she falls sick at school and unable to organise your own day around your own needs.
- If the transport is late or something goes wrong, like a burst tyre or a roadblock, you could be late for your appointments or miss an important event.
- Being crowded into a taxi, bus or train can be an unpleasant way to start your day. Everybody needs a bit of downtime when preparing themselves for a busy day or winding down from one.
- Using public transport can be dangerous. Often you will have to wait for your mode of transport in dangerous areas or in the dark. This makes you a sitting duck for criminals to attack. If you are carrying a bag, laptop or even just your keys and cell phone you are even more at risk.
It is definitely the best move to have your own vehicle, but unfortunately there are several difficulties in taking that route too.
Buying a new car
Although it is a dream of most people to own a brand new car, it is often not a possibility. Cars are incredibly expensive, and even buying a bottom of the range car will be difficult. Most people require a loan to buy a car which means two things:
- To qualify for a loan you must be able to prove that you have a regular income that will cover your living expenses as well as the car payments.
- Financial service providers will also want to see that you have a good credit record. If you have been blacklisted or if you are in trouble with other creditors, it is unlikely that you will qualify for a loan.
You will also need to put down a hefty deposit for a brand new vehicle. This can prove too expensive for many people.
Buying a second hand vehicle
A second hand vehicle will be cheaper than a brand new car but there are several downsides to this option too.
- Used cars might have defects and faults that cause constant break downs which means constant payments for repairs and maintenance.
- Used cars will generally not have service packages or warrantees and this requires you to pay out of your own pocket for regular services.
Buying a bank repossessed car
If a car owner does not make his or her payments on a car, the financial service provider who provided the loan will repossess the vehicle. The bank will then auction the car off to help cover their own costs. Bank repossessed cars are often the best option because of the following reasons:
- Repossessed cars are often still new and still work well, saving you the costs of repairs and maintenance.
- A repossessed vehicle might still have its warranty and service plan saving you money on services.
- Buying through an auction means that the buyers determine the worth and price of a vehicle, rather than a potentially dishonest dealer.
Why go through ABSA?
ABSA is a well known and reputable financial service provider. Because they have been around for many years and have many happy clients, you can trust that dealings with them will be honest and transparent. ABSA car auctions in Gauteng have provided many buyers with good quality vehicles and helped them take control of their lives.